domingo, 24 de septiembre de 2017

Wli waterfalls in Ghana

I did the long route, known as Loop. It was a beautiful hike although I would not recommend it to anyone who isnt used to hike, or during the rainy season (May til September) because it gets muddy and slippery. The guide didnt speak english so I couldnt know much about the history, nature, and features of the surroundings. This isnt an uncommon thing in Ghana, at least until what I could experience in my two months: guides arent that good even if they speak the language. Another annoying thing is that they make you pay 5cedis (1€) per every picture you want to take during the hike. The path is not cleaned from weeds, and sometimes there is just not a path to follow: you just go across vegetation or eventually have to descend through a rocky wall holding to branches around. They could do a better job on that. The hike I did lasted 3h although normally they say it can take until 5h, but I was by myself so we didnt stop that much. At the end of the hike you must tip the guide, I gave him 20 cedis (5 US$) because I was alone, but if you are a group 5-10 cedis is more than enough since they get paid per hike later at the office.

Travel Inspiration – Travel Secrets
Upper waterfall at Wli (Ghana). Source: https://travelsecretsmag.wordpress.com/category/travel-inspiration/

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario