miércoles, 4 de octubre de 2017

Ghana's slave castle: Elmina's castle

When you visit Cape Coast people always wonder which castle to visit: Elmina's or Cape Coast's. The first one is the oldest and the second one is the biggest. I ended up visiting Elmina's and I wasnt disappointed. Although I believed I wouldnt be disappointed if I had visited Cape Coast's either. I later shared my experience with other travelers who did Cape Coast's and the experience was similar. The history and the guides of those places are amazing. It makes you wonder and reflect about human history and the sufferings and drama along the way. You can still feel the horrors and tragedies that those castles witnessed. The guide I had was a great speaker and didnt leave questions unanswered. About logistics, you can easily go to Elmina's castle by a shared taxi at Bakaano roundabout (15min walk from Cape Coast's castle) for 3 cedis (1$ was at that time 4,5cedis) or just pay 10cedis to go all the way without sharing the car (20min). The entrance was 40cedis (30cedis if you show student card) and it takes around an hour the total tour. Dont waste time with the boys hovering outside, they will use all kinds of tricks to get some money: sign-up and donate money for a football team, for school fees, for church... (I wouldnt worry if you are familiar traveling in these countries though).  

ElminaCastle.info - Elmina Castle - Ghana
Source: elminacastle.info

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario